Sunday, April 13, 2014

Revlon Lip Butters: 'Wild Watermelon' and 'Juicy Papaya'

Today's post is on some new Revlon Lip Butters I picked up from my local Harmon's.  I haven't gotten new lip butters in a while because whenever I go to my drugstore, the colors I'm interested in are sold out or all of the stickers keeping the lippies closed have been tampered with :( I saw these not-yet-compromised completely new lip butters in their display case and had to pick some up!
I chose the colors Wild Watermelon and Juicy Papaya. The packaging of these is so cute! The lip butters are from Revlon Colorburst so they have the quilted design on the packaging. The color inside is reflected by the color on the outside part. 
Wild Watermelon is a bright pinky red while Juicy Papaya is a peachy orange. Juicy Papaya made me a litttle nervous about how orange it would be as it looks quite orange in its tube!
Lip Butters are great because they have more pigmentation than a chapstick or balm but they have a ton of moisture and shine! I'm all about the moisture because of my drier skin and lips and especially when the weather starts heating up, moisturizing the lips is a must.
Wild Watermelon gives the look of having just eaten a cherry popsicle! It's a pretty wash of color that's a subtle way to wear a less neutral shade since it is so sheer and shiny.
I think Juicy Papaya is really pretty! I'm pleasantly surprised by how peachy this looks on my lips.

The wear time for these guys is only a couple of hours so you will need to reapply, however you just need the lip butter, no lip liner or gloss necessary!

Revlon Lip Butters can be found at drugstores for about $6 each.

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment