Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Julep Maven Unboxing and First Impression

I've been researching monthly beauty subscription services for a while now and am just really not sure if I want to commit. Recently I read that you can get an introductory box from Julep (nail polish!) for only ONE PENNY just so you can try out the service and see if its something you would like to do monthly.
I decided to try it out and my box arrived today. I wanted to share with you all what the presentation was like!
The box is a small 6x6 black box. It arrived about 4 days after it was shipped.
Inside there was a welcome card (I love how these services are all 'so excited' that you've joined!!) and underneath that:
The card describing my style profile.  You take a quiz on red carpet fashion and accessories and receive one out of (I believe) 5 styles. I got 'Classic With a Twist'. What you get your first time determines the color nail polish you get in your intro box, but after that you are free to pick whatever style you like as your monthly subscription from  month to month (which is nice that you have SOME say in the products you receive).
The items came packaged up in a little pink paper bag wrapped in black ribbon. And look! Little toe separater pedicure guys! (I'll never use em but hey, they were exciting!)
Here is the lovely pedicure cream (sorry *creme*) and then the two nail polishes were wrapped in bubble wrap (I'm going to have some serious fun with that later) to ensure a crack free voyage for the little guys inside!
Here are the colors I got : Kate: a soft white pearl, and Rose: juicy watermelon red creme.
I haven't tried the colors yet (or the 'pedi creme'....and yes I'm going to call it that when I'm feeling snooty) but I'll review them when I do.
So there you have it! This is what a penny will get you! If you want more details about what being a monthly subscriber would entail then visit the website but the basics are as follows:
AFTER YOUR INTRO BOX:
-it's $20 for over $40 worth of products per box
-on the 20th of the month you are sent an email with the sneak previews of what every style box has inside
-you get to pick whatever style box you like best (so if I subscribed I would NOT have to get the classic with a twist box every month if I fancied other colors more)
-you can skip a month free of charge if you don't like the color selection as long as it is by the 27th
-shipments go out on the 28th and you should get your box at the beginning of the month

We'll see if I stay subscribed! It depends on the quality of the nail polishes when I try them out.

Are you subscribed to any beauty subscriptions?

2 comments:

  1. I would love getting new stuff each month, but the $20 adds up and I'd rather spend it on things I've researched and know I'm going to love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you which is why I haven't committed to any monthly subscription yet! I research products hard core before I purchase so we'll see how I like these nail polishes when I test em out!

      Delete