Thursday, July 26, 2012

Revlon Color Stay Nail Enamel in 'Buttercup': Review and NOTD

Revlon released a new line of nail polishes called ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel. Being a nail polish addict, I had to check this out!  The claim is that this polish will leave your nails with a 'gel like' finish that can last up to 11 days....hmmm I'll believe it when I see it!

These nail polishes are about $8 at the drugstore... I found that hard to swallow, personally.  I wanted to try these out for the longest time but it was hard to think about dropping $8 on this when I could get an Essie nail polish (one of my tried and true fave brands) for the same price.
Finally one day, the heavens opened up. **play hallelujah chorus** My CVS was having a sale where all revlon nail products were $4.99 and then you got $3 extra bucks back when you bought it....um yes.
I decided on the color 'Buttercup.'  It's a soft pastel yellow color that I thought would be beautiful and an instant mood lifter too. Yellow is such a happy color:)
And I am very very happy with this on my nails :) This color is gorgeous and this pic was taken on the third day of wearing it.  This color is a successful yellow in that it is a pale pastel (not buttery or orangey!) and is extremely opaque.  I achieved that color in only 2 coats.
The brush on this polish is also awesome.  It is a thick brush (think OPI) that is slightly tapered making application by the nail bed and overall so easy:
I recommend this nail polish! Try it out when it goes on sale (or not! be daring!) because I know I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this product.
As far as purchasing more colors, I don't think I will, only because other colors didn't stick out to me as much as this beautiful yellow did.  I bought it to be a unique addition to my nail polish collection, but if you don't have a lot of nail polish, this might be a great way to get your collection growing!

Have you tried this nail polish? What are your favorite colors in Revlon's colorstay line??

xx SJ

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this color, so cute for the summer. And I hadn't tried Revlon nail polish yet, normally I'm an OPI girl but I'll definitely give this one a shot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OPI is my favorite brand as well (bc the brush is so easy to use!) but I found this polish to be comparable in both the formula AND the brush! Let me know what you think of this polish if you try it!

      Delete