Tuesday, July 31, 2012

NOTD: Julep in 'Kate'

Today's nail of the day is one of the polishes I got in my Julep Maven intro box. It is the opaque white with pearl color called 'Kate' (2152)
You can definitely see the sheen of the pearl color in the bottle here. Super pretty right?!! I was so excited to put this on my nails but then when I did, I realized that the pearly shimmer is non existent on your nails :( 
Very sad.  The application of this polish was interesting. It was very VERY thick, almost too thick.  The thickness made the color super opaque (rare for a pure white polish) however pretty hard to work with. The brush is about the same size as an OPI brush, maybe a tad smaller.

I also found it difficult to use the little brush handle with this one... overall application was pretty tough but I was left with an opaque white finish.
I think it is hard to judge a nail polish collection based on a white color--whites are generally pretty kooky colors so I'm going to wait to try out the raspberry color I got in my box as well.
As of now I'm feeling pretty 'meh' about Julep nail polishes... I'm happy I have an opaque white now but the application was almost too rough to be worth it.

What do you guys think? Do you have Julep polishes that work well?

xx SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment