Tuesday, July 24, 2012

NOTD: Essie's 'Bikini So Teeny'

Today's nail of the day is Essie's 'Bikini so Teeny' from their Summer 2012 collection. I think this was the most highly anticipated color of the collection because of it's uniqueness. I actually couldn't get my hands on it for a while as it was the only color sold out everywhere! My mom can attest to the fact that I squeaked when I saw this in stock at Target one day:
It is a cornflower blue with a silver microshimmer in it that is virtually invisible on the nail. You can really only see it if you're squinting for it so keep that in mind if you want to purchase this pretty shade.
In some lighting this color could really be called a periwinkle rather than a blue, but for the most part it is a vivid creamy blue.  Application is a bit scary. The first coat is rather sheer but two coats is all you need for an opaque mani!
I love this color and get tons of compliments when I wear it :)
Essie can be found at CVS, Target, and ULTA for $8 in my neck of the woods if you're interested in picking up this color.
What's your favorite blue shade to sport on your nails???

1 comment:

  1. I love this color its my favorite for summer!
    http://nataliekslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete