Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Fave Drugstore Lipsticks! Revlon

I love love love lipstick. I think there is nothing more feminine and beautiful than a tube of fresh lipstick and I have distinct memories of playing with my mom's lipsticks when I was younger! That being said I can be pretty picky when it comes to my lipstick (aka I'm a bit of a lipstick snob). Everything comes in to play when I'm choosing one: appearance, color payoff, texture, smell....you name it!

I have found that Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick takes the cake in the drugstore for scoring an A+ in all my judging criteria.  The packaging in itself is beautiful.  Just a simple black tube (with clear top so you can see what color is inside!) with gold embellishing. The lipsticks are amazingly pigmented. Some of them can be a little bit shimmery, but if you don't like that look than slapping on a creamy lipgloss will offset the shimmer! The lipsticks also basically have no scent....I know that seems weird to care about but when its on your lips you can smell it!
I own four of these babies. From left to right: Silver City Pink (405), Softshell Pink (410), Champagne on Ice (205), and Blushed (420).
The Softshell Pink color (second from left) is my ultimate favorite for the summer. It is a brighter pink with out being totally fuschia and adds the most beautiful yet noticeable flush of pink to your lips! It comes highly recommended :)
The right two colors are great for fall. They're a little darker and more sultry.

Do you like Revlon lipsticks? What are your favorite colors??

xxSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment