Thursday, July 26, 2012

Review: NARS eyeshadow duo in 'Alhambra'

Ladies. Can I state the obvious here? Makeup can be expensive. I find that my most lusted after products tend to be the hardest on my wallet.... don't get me wrong though!! I love love love drugstore makeup, but sometimes making an investment in a beautiful product from a high end brand is just what you need to add to your collection--a staple product that you can turn to on an important occasion when you just want to make sure you're lookin' good. Enter NARS:
NARS has some truly beautiful products.  Known for its sleek black packaging with white embossed logo in block letters, NARS is a makeup brand that consumes my time in Sephora-- I frantically swatch as much as possible, trying to find the prettiest colors and rarely end up making a purchase because of the steep price. When I finally decided that I was going to just take the plunge and buy an eyeshadow duo, I wanted to make sure it was the PERFECT one that I could wear with everything and was easy to work with.
 I swatched a ton of colors and found an awesome duo called 'Alhambra.' 

As you can see, the left shade is a pinky champagne color with shimmer, and the right shade is a golden peach color with shimmer.  These are my go to colors when I want a basic, neutral eye.  These colors would be super easy to wear during the day and then I could slap a darker brown or purple into my crease if I wanted to vamp it up for the night time. Also check the packaging please: That mirror covers the whole bottom of the case's lid. AWESOME. You go, Nars!
Look at how pretty :) Not chalky. Not chunky. Not disco ball shimmery. No fall out....Just perfect.
I love love love this duo and I'm so glad I made the purchase.  The duo was $34.... I know. Eeeeep.  However, you get a full 4g of product (2g per eyeshadow) which is a lot of product.  To compare, MAC eyeshadows are $15 (in the pot) and you get 1.5 g of product. NARS is still more expensive, yes. But these are colors I am in love with and will be getting full use out of.
Will I be purchasing another NARS duo in the future? Sure, perhaps if I find another set of shades that I can get as much use out of. I definitely wouldn't splurge on say this duo in 'Bateau Ivre':
 Gorgeous but I'd wear it like 5 times a year or at least very sparingly. Understand my reasoning?

I hope this review was helpful and enjoyable!
What are items you recently splurged on and are loving????

xx SJ

2 comments:

  1. I splurged on Laura Mercier Tinted Moisuturizer and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Great Post!
    www.urbanbabe14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love looooooove Laura Mercier's products... I use the silk creme foundation daily and its amazing. I was thinking about getting the tinted moisturizer for days I don't care to have the full coverage... splurge worthy?

      Delete